Monday 13 August 2007

Cryonics

Here's a good vid about Cryonics, the deep-freezing of dead bodies in the hope that in the future, science might find a way to bring them back to life:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1598612092045110436&q=cryonics&total=59&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

I'm intitally sceptical (not "Skeptical". I consider spelling that word with a K makes it a different word from spelling it with a C; I'll say why later). But people who say things are impossible are usually proved wrong.

I'm not religious, (I was brought up in a Catholic family, but I've lapsed) but as I've already said, I beleive in an afterlife of one sort of another. I wouldn't try this with my own dead body, but after watching this I kind of hope it works for the sake of the first couple. I thought they were very sweet and I was moved by the woman's death. The second couple are a bit up their own arses.

It can't be easy doing this in the United States. I hope you won't interpret this as anti-American prejudice, but I've a feeling their are lots of Americans who will be repulsed by Cryonics, seeing it as the work of the Devil!

1 comment:

Godwin said...

Goodness, there is a lot of worthwhile info above!
Freezer recipes