Tuesday 7 August 2007

The Purpose of this Blog

I've started this blog as a place to store and display all my thoughts and feelings that I hope might be useful to anyone reading it. These could include my literature, poems, or news reports. I'm a Hospital Porter (I should mention this now in case I haven't already) and I'm very VERY proud of it. I feel that all people who do so-called "menial jobs" should take a good look at themselves and ask themselves a question: "If I feel like I'm lowly and inferior then why is it? Is it some inhearent, factual aspect of my work or is it simply convention?" Con-vention, with the emphasis on the "con" is a complete con! You can always tell a con-vention because if you ask someone why it exists the answer will be: "It just is" "That's just the way things are" or similar statements. In other words: they don't have a reason; it's just a groundless value that is upheld out of social habit. Why shouldn't Hospital Porters, dustmen, street-cleaners, toilet attendants feel just as proud of what they do as airline pilots, doctors, lawyers, soldiers, businesmen?

1 comment:

Sylvester said...

This is all erroneous what you're writing.
pc card | catholic cross | universities in Virginia