Sunday 24 February 2008

UFO Handbook for Firemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRP8kP_a8DU

I'd like to read the book, even though I'm not a fireman. Jim Mann is right; you can't write UFO's off as crackpot or fringe when official organizations like fire brigades are taking it seriously. The statement at the end sounds like a "fallback" to me. The brief reading given shows that it is the actual threat that the book deals with, not just the perceived one, otherwise it would just contain tips on how to drive a fire engine past over-zealous skywatchers etc.

(BTW: Sorry there's been no new material on HPANWO for a few days. I've been shivering in my sickbed. I'm a bit better now. I've got plenty more posts lined up!)

3 comments:

Alex Robinson said...

Hi Ben
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to what you have to say.

ps. I enjoyed Lost in Translation, esp after having just been there on my own - it was pretty much spot on

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

LIT is a beautiful movie. I was a bit thrown seeing Bill Murray in a serious role, as he's always been a comedian, but he fits the part really well! And there are some funny scenes in the film, like when he's on set doing that whisky ad and wearing that thick mascara lol! Perfect for his sardonic style.

I'm feeling a lot better now thanks. I'm not clucking or growing feathers so I'm glad to say it's not Bird Flu! I'm going back to work later.

Emmanuel said...

this page | here | there | check this | this site | here | this page

here | this site | this page | there | check this | this site | here | this page

there | this page | check this | this site | here | this page | there | check this